Interfaith Worker Justice (IWJ) is looking for a full-time Individual Outreach Coordinator to expand the organization’s individual giving program using mail, email, events and in-person grassroots fundraising methods.
Accountability: The position is directly accountable to the Communications Director.
- Individual and Major Donors:
- Develop and oversee direct mail and online fundraising campaigns in collaboration with the Communications team
- Ensure timely, prompt and personal donor acknowledgement, including thank you letters and thank you calls.
- Manage system for securing and retaining:
- Monthly donors – Faithful Givers
- In-kind donations (as needed)
- Work closely with Database Manager on ensuring donor database “health”.
- Assure maintenance of a central file of donor records of correspondence (file cabinet/hard copy files).
- Oversee planned giving program in collaboration with the Major Donor Team.
- Coordinate implementation of IWJ’s major donor program, including:
- Creating and assigning donor portfolios to senior staff and board members;
- Researching major donor prospects and overseeing implementation of donor cultivation plan;
- Overseeing on-going personal/written, phone contact with current and potential major donors;
- Ensuring fundraising materials and other fundraising collateral are up to date;
- Fundraising Events
- Manage special fundraising events such as/but not limited to: December fundraiser, house parties, phone-a-thons;
- Create and implement fundraising events schedule and oversee logistics;
- Work closely with Major Donor team to identify and recruit leaders to host fundraising events for revenue and new donors;
- Manage overall events calendar;
- Develop events toolkits as needed;
- Cy Pres (Class Action Lawsuit Settlement Awards) Strategy
- Coordinate outreach to the legal community, including lawyers, judges, and law firms;
- Assist in creating appeals and other materials specifically for the legal community;
- Special Projects
- Help write IWJ’s Annual Report with the Communications Department;
- Assist in Department-wide projects as requested, including bi-annual conference sponsorships.
- Oversee peer-to-peer/special events fundraising program (ex. Worker Justice Runners)
- Coordinate the workplace-giving program with CFC and United Way;
Other: In addition to these specific job responsibilities, the Individual Outreach Coordinator will:
- Promote an excellent understanding of the organization and its goals, programs, constituencies in order to articulate its vision to individual donors;
- Provide staff support to the Finance & Fundraising Committee of the Board and attend quarterly meetings when requested;
- Participate in regular staff meetings twice a month and annual events such as the staff retreat;
- Perform other tasks as requested.
Evaluation: The position will be evaluated annually based on this job description, goals and objectives, and other tasks assigned.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to produce high quality work in a timely manner.
- Commitment to economic justice and the mission of the organization.
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team environment.
- Proficiency in computer skills and online communications required.
- Previous fundraising experience, particularly building individual support.
- Knowledge of religious communities, labor, and community organizing a plus.
- Ability to travel.
Salary and Benefits: Interfaith Worker Justice is dedicated to ensuring workers’ rights and offers full and comprehensive benefits to its employees including: medical, dental and disability, 401K retirement plan with organizational contribution, pre-tax transportation plan, and a competitive salary. Interfaith Worker Justice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply: Please send cover letter with salary expectations, resume, writing sample, and names and numbers of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put Individual Outreach Coordinator in the subject. No calls please. Interfaith Worker Justice is a union shop. Interfaith Worker Justice is also an Equal Opportunity Employer.