We're inviting you to join the Fast from Fast Food for 40-days to recognize workers' great sacrifice in the struggle against injustice and inequality. We invite supporters to Fast from Fast Food and commit to pray for fast food workers every day, from Feb. 18 until April 4. Fast from Fast Food coincides with the 40-day Christian season of Lent, a period of prayer, fasting, repentance and sacrifice.
In the spirit of the Lenten Season, we will fast from eating at any of the major fast food chains. We'll pray daily for fast food workers and an end to income inequality. During this time, we'll reflect on the harmful impact of the low-wages and tough working conditions in the fast food and retail industries on families and communities. The intention of the fast is to bring awareness and attention through an act of solidarity by fasting. As people of faith, the spiritual aspect of the “fast” is our most effective tool to bring attention to the struggle working families face every day. Join us!
After you pledge, here is what else you can do:
- Spread the word -> Let your friends know on Facebook (share this!), and Tweet your support too! You can also email the pledge to your friends!
- Join workers on April 15 -> Workers in cities all across the country are planning to rally for $15 an hour and a union.
- Pray daily for fast food workers. -> Check out the daily prayers and reflections
- Download resources to help you show solidarity during the Fast -> Visit the Resource Center
- Learn more from those who committed to Fast from Fast Food -> Join the conversation online
- Check out the Fast from Fast Food In the News