The goal: Reform America's broken immigration system
The time to reform our broken immigration system is now. More than 11 million undocumented people are living in this country, including children raised as Americans and workers who have become an integral part of the U.S. economy. Without legal status immigrant workers are victims of every kind of labor abuse and cannot protect their rights without fear of deportation.
Interfaith Worker Justice and its allies call for comprehensive immigration reform providing a clear path to citizenship and protecting the rights of all workers, regardless of immigration status. As people of faith, we recognize and honor the social and economic contributions made by immigrant workers.
Our immigration system is broken –workers are exploited and families are separated– and we all suffer as a result. Real and meaningful immigration reform cannot wait.
When an alien resides with you in your land, you shall not oppress the alien. The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God. –Leviticus 19:33-34
- Make sure lawmakers know the kind of moral and compassionate immigration reform we need in our communities -> Tell your Representative reforming our immigration system cannot wait!
- Browse our resource center to learn more about compassionate immigration reform -> Get started with our latest immigration reform resources!
- Become an e-advocate and get up-to-date alerts about the campaign -> Sign up to join our online immigration action team!
- Send your prayers to Washington -> Offer your prayers for the President and members of Congress.
- Give to IWJ to support the campaign for immigration reform -> Click here to give.