The Goal: Pass legislation that will provide paid sick days for all workers
More than 40 million workers in this country – and more than 80 percent of low-wage workers – don’t have a single paid sick day. That’s bad for workers, bad for families, bad for businesses, and bad for public health. Not surprisingly, some surveys show two-thirds of all voters support paid sick days.
Yet winning legislation, especially at the federal level has been tough. So interfaith worker advocates are taking the battle to the state and local level, where big changes in workplace standards have often begun.
Parents shouldn’t have to choose between their jobs and staying home to take care of a sick child. Cash-strapped families shouldn’t have to lose pay when illness strikes.
Help us win paid sick days for America’s workers.
IWJ has been on the front lines fighting for better workplace standards since 1996.
- Become an advocate for just labor standards -> Sign up to get action alerts
- Hold an educational forum on paid sick days or a prayer service for workers. Invite worker center leaders and IWJ leaders to speak -> Click for more
- Get your congregation involved with local campaigns for Earned Sick Days ->See what your congregation or faith community can do
- Get involved in the effort to pass The Healthy Families Act -> Click to learn more
- Participate in a local paid sick day campaign -> Click to find a campaign near you
- Organize a core workplace standards campaign in your community -> Email us to help you get started
- Give to IWJ to supporting our core workplace standards campaigns -> Click to give
- Browse our resource center to learn more about worker justice -> Get started now!