A living wage for an honest day's work. Seems simple, right? Yet for millions of Americans earning minimum wage, this is nothing but a dream. In 2012, a working mother of two earning $7.25 per hour lived below the poverty line. All religious traditions affirm that work contributes to the dignity and worth of a person. Poverty level wages do not instill dignity. We must raise the federal minimum wage to a living wage and index it to inflation so it stays a living wage.
Here are some resources you can use to help organize for a minimum wage that is a true living wage:
Click to download Minimum Wage Myths
Click to download a Minimum Wage Bulletin Insert
Click to download a Toolkit to Organize a Meeting with a Member of Congress
Click to download a Fast Food Worker Thank You Cards
Click to download alternate Fast Food Worker Thank You Cards
- Add your name to the national sign-on letter -> Tell Congress it's time for a moral and just wage!
- Tell your representative or senators to support the bill -> Send your lawmakers a letter
- If you're a faith leader -> Sign on a national letter calling for an increase in the minimum wage
- Learn what your faith says about minimum wage -> See what faith groups say about the minimum wage
- Get up-to-date alerts about the campaign -> Become an e-advocate