Each year during Labor Day weekend, Faith communities and the labor movement to rediscover their common bonds: social justice, equality, the Common Good, dignity and respect of all persons, economic justice, and fair treatment in the workplace. Community and faith groups have created Labor in the Pulpits/On the Bimah/In the Minbar programs for more than a decade!
Interfaith Worker Justice is offering a national organizing and capacity building training in Washington D.C. This training will include a day of advocacy to visit legislators and government agency leaders’ offices.
Agenda will include the following topics:
- Board development
- How to create a fundraising plan
- Organizing and Theories of Change
- Building blocks of organizing
- How to take your campaign to the next level
- How to recruit and retain members
- Effective coalition building