Interfaith Worker Justice is a national non-profit organization that educates, organizes, and mobilizes people of faith to advance the rights of working people. The organization is looking a full-time Executive Assistant and Logistics Manager that will support IWJ’s executive director, facilitate the work of the Board of Directors and assist with overall administrative support and office logistics.
Accountability: The position is directly accountable to the Executive Director.
This position is based out of Interfaith Worker Justice’s Chicago office.
Responsibilities: The person is responsible for the following work areas:
Administrative and Clerical Support for the Director
- Make all speaking and travel arrangements for the Executive Director.
- Maintain the director’s schedule and make appropriate appointments.
- Handle all correspondence.
- Manage all financial reimbursements and reports for the Executive Director.
- Help the Executive director stay organized and on top of his responsibilities.
- Assist with writing and administrative projects that move the work forward.
- Take notes at meetings and distribute accordingly.
- Manage the state charitable registration process.
Board Development and Meeting Preparation and Follow-up
- Be the primary contact in ongoing board correspondence, mailings, and scheduling conference calls for board and executive committee.
- Make all arrangements for board meetings.
- Ensure that all board members’ requests and questions are dealt with promptly and courteously.
- Engage and communicate with board members as directed by the Executive Director
Office Administration and Logistics
- Oversee and maintain all IT operations for the organization, including the consultant and vendors but also keeping systems functioning and upgrading when necessary.
- Manage all administrative office needs including keeping office machines functioning (fax, printers, copiers, computers, phones)
- Responsible for posting job openings and coordinating this activity the appropriate directors.
- Oversee federal work-study process – including recruitment, applications and coordination or their assignments with directors.
- Maintain general organization of the office, seeking to streamline and improve organizational systems, and especially looking for ways to reduce costs. This includes management of office supplies, office machines, office repairs, and supervising cleaning help.
- Oversee mail distribution and postage supplies.
- Support the staff in maintaining a clean and effective work environment. This includes evaluating future staff needs and making recommendations for improvements in the office.
- Give orientation for new staff and interns on office equipment, supplies, and basic software.
- Assist with office space set-up.
- Help orient new staff to the office. Provide necessary materials for new staff and ensure that all staff has the necessary tools to work.
- Develop and post job announcements for available positions in the organization. Collect and organize resumes for hiring directors.
Overall Organizational Support.
- Participate in overall staff initiatives and programs, especially events.
- Provide overall office administrative assistance, as needed.
- Recommend ways to make the staff more effective and efficient.
All other duties as assigned in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Salary and Benefits:
Interfaith Worker Justice is dedicated to ensuring workers’ rights and offers full and comprehensive benefits to its employees including: medical, dental and disability, 401K retirement plan with organizational contribution, pre-tax transportation plan, and a competitive salary. Interfaith Worker Justice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply:
Send your cover letter with salary expectations, resume and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com with the subject line “Executive Assistant and Logistics Manager Position”.
Interfaith Worker Justice is an affirmative action and union employer, actively seeking to employ women and people of color. The organization will seek staff from a diversity of faith and denominational backgrounds.